Best wet grinders in India Buyer Guide
A wet grinder is a basic tool that is used to smash ingredients to produce a paste or a batter. It is an essential part of an Indian kitchen especially, in South India where people love to eat ‘dosas’, ‘idlis’, chutneys, ‘vadas’, and many more. These types of pastes or batters are easily made by a wet grinder. It makes cooking easier, simpler, and a lot more enjoyable. It uses fluid for lubrication or cooling during making pastes or to grind different types of grains. A wet grinder has reduced the physical strain and work that are needed to make batters by 80%. They help to produce fine quality of batter which makes the food fluffier, tastier, and healthier.
A mixer grinder is a must-have in today’s household. You can no way think of getting all your kitchen chores done without a mixer grinder available at your place. Certainly, you need to own a mixer grinder by all costs. It is essential but in today’s market with almost every brand claiming to be “the best” in the lot, it is really difficult to pick just one! I can truly understand your dilemma as I, too, have gone through the same recently while I relocated to a new place all over again. Well, today, I am going to share my experiences and I hope that it is going to help you out too thereby narrowing down your choices.
Important things to consider while buying a wet grinder:
When you are purchasing a wet grinder, you ought to consider quite a couple of things prior to your purchase in order to ensure about it once the investment is done. Here are a few important things that I am going to mention today after a lot of research as well as counting my own experiences so far! Besides, I have made this list only after counting the customer reviews.
Tilt or table top ones: This type of wet grinders is extremely preferable. They are perfect for small and medium families. With this type of wet grinders, one can easily pull out the batter by tilting the jar slightly.
Motor: It is the most important thing to check in a wet grinder before buying it. A minimum of 150 Watt motor is required for an efficient wet grinding of batters. High watt will result in faster and better performance but will not be energy efficient. So, before buying a wet grinder, check the motor properly.
Capacity of the wet grinder: A two liter capacity will be enough for a family consisting of three to four members. But if you live in a joint family then try to buy a wet grinder with more than two little capacity.
Stone type: The conical stones produce better, smoother and consistent batter as compared to the cylindrical ones. So, try to choose wet grinders that come with conical stones.
Warranty: Don’t forget to check the warranty period before buying a wet grinder. Different models of wet grinders come with different periods of warranties. Some of them have warranties only on the motors. The warranty on the motor and other parts may also vary. So, check them properly.
Some of the top best wet grinders in India with Price :
Wet grinders are extremely important and essential kitchen appliances that must be present in every Indian home, especially in those houses where people love to eat food items that are made from different types of batters like dosas, different types of vadas, idlis, and many more. A wet grinder has some granite stones of either conical or cylindrical shape that helps to grind different ingredients and produce a batter of smooth consistency. It helps to make paste from grains and lentils without destroying the nutritious value of the ingredients as they do not produce any type of heat while grinding the ingredients. A wet grinder is extremely popular and that is the reason we have so many options around us. This makes buying a proper wet grinder extremely difficult. Nobody wants to invest a lot of money and not get the desired result. But don’t worry! We are here to help you. We have provided a list of some of the best wet grinders in India that are doing well at present. Read their pros and cons in details to understand which can suit you the best.
Just note that all the products described here are not presented in a rank order. So, rely on the individual features to decide which will be the best for you. Let’s begin!
1. Panasonic 2 litre wet grinder:
- Beautiful black color
- Stainless steel 34 grade steel drum
- Transparant cover
- Capacity: 2 liters
- Warranty: 5 years on heater, 2 years on product
Panasonic is a well known brand that lies in the topmost position. It is very popular for manufacturing kitchen appliances. This wet grinder from Panasonic is loaded with many cool features that makes your job of making a batter very convenient. It comes with three speed settings. Other special features include interlocking safety, hands-free operation, inlet pipe on the lid, and anti-speed HTD belt. To get all these special features in this price range is a great thing. The grinding stone is light and super effective. It comes with a 304 grade stainless steel food hygiene drum.
The body of this wet grinder is made up of ABS food grade plastic which is very durable and can withstand the wear and tear of regular use. It consumes 240W of power to provide powerful and perfect grinding results. Cooling vents are provided in this wet grinder to protect the motor from overheating. A timer is also present that can be set up for 45 minutes. So, no need of continuous monitoring and your hands will be free to perform other activities. The 2liter drum makes it suitable for large families and commercial purposes. It also comes with one measuring cup, one spatula, and a lid made of polycarbonate which is unbreakable. It also includes an instruction manual which contains many information on how to use this device and to detect some flaws (if any). A five years warranty is provided on the motor and two years warranty is provided on other parts of this wet grinder.
- It is perfect for large families because of the 2L drum.
- It is lightweight.
- It has a compact design.
- Presence of three speed settings.
- It has body cooling ventilation feature.
- It comes with a preset timer.
- It comes with five years warranty on the motor.
- Presence of two years warranty on other parts of the wet grinder.
- It comes with overheating protection.
- Presence of anti-sleep HTD belt on the bottom.
- It features interlocking safety mechanism.
- No additional attachments are available.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Removing the batter is slightly difficult.
2. Bajaj 2 litre wet grinder:
Bajaj is very popular and a well-known brand. It produces and manufactures great quality products. This wet grinder from Bajaj is perfect for small to medium families. The two liter stainless steel drum is very long-lasting. The lid is made up of polycarbonate and is see-through so that you can see the process of grinding. It offers efficient grinding with the help of the durable grinding stones for making a smoother and even batter everytime. It is very simple to use. The exteriors are smooth and super clean. It consumes only 150W of power for operation. The overload protection feature helps to protect it in situations of overheating. It comes with the two years of manufacturer’s warranty on the motor and other parts.
- Presence of 2 liters of stainless steel drum.
- It has a high performance induction motor.
- It uses only 150W of power.
- It is efficient.
- Presence of durable grinding stones.
- It has a smooth and super clean surface.
- Presence of a spatula for easy batter removal.
- It is very easy to use and clean.
- It is made of high-quality material.
- It is a bit heavy.
3. Butterfly 2 litre wet grinder:
Butterfly is one of the most popular and well-known brand in the Indian market. This smart table top wet grinder from Butterfly is extremely efficient and offers uniform grinding pressure. It features a 4-way grinding system. It comes with additional attachments for scrapping coconuts and dough kneading. These extra attachments make it perfect for South Indians. The drum has a 2 liter of capacity. The 2 stones are beautiful and efficient to produce perfectly smooth batter. The stones can prepare 2L of batter within just 20 minutes. The compact and smart design of this wet grinder allows it to take minimal space in your kitchen. The body is made of good grade ABS plastic which is heat-resistant and shockproof. The plastic is extremely tough and resistant to breakage. It holds the cylinder tightly and helps to maintain a uniform rotation speed. The motor uses 150 Watt power and offers a powerful performance. The high torque single phase motor function allows it to offer such performance. It also has a motor overload sensor which helps to protect the motor from any damage. It helps to check any kind of abnormalities like overheating of the motor or overloading of different ingredients. This wet grinder can easily and effortlessly be cleaned and maintained. The outer material is smooth which allows you to clean the dried up batter with just a single wipe. It comes with a 5 year warranty on the motor and other parts.
- Presence of additional attachments like coconut scrapper and dough kneader.
- It allows you to clean effortlessly.
- It comes with a drum of 2L capacity.
- Presence of motor overload protector.
- It comes with five years of warranty.
- It has a compact design.
- It has great aesthetics.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is made up of high grade ABS plastic which is very tough and durable.
- It makes loud noise while operating.
- The grinding takes about 30 minutes, which is a bit long.
4. Elgi Ultra 2 litre wet grinder:
- Patented Conical Stones for effective grinding and low batter temperaure. The motor speed (without load) is 1350 RPM and the drum speed (with load) is 135 - 140 RPM
- AISI 304 Rust Resistant food-grade Stainless Steel for healthy food ; Grinding Stone: Conical ; Wire Cord Length (in mm): 1650 ; Hook-type Power Cord: No ; Power Requirement: 230V
- 2L Capacity. Drum Size (mm): Ø250 X 180
- Dish Shaped Multi-utility drum - Batter can be stored in the same drum after grinding
- 150 Watts Motor - Powerful 150 Watts Motor for better grinding
Elgi ultra-limited has been providing innovative and reliable kitchen appliances at a budget-friendly price since 1992. Their products scream quality, sturdiness and aesthetically beautiful and visually pleasing designs. They never fail to satisfy their users. This wet grinder is one of the great quality table top wet grinders. It is perfect for people who want to use it regularly. This high quality product has a 2 liter capacity drum which is perfect for grinding a large quantity of ingredients at a single spin.
It doesn’t only help to blend the lentils but also helps to scrap coconut and knead dough with the help of the additional attachments. The motor consumes only 150 Watts power for grinding everything perfectly. It has patented conical stones that generate less heat and improves the fermentation drive resulting in tasty batter. Removing the conical stones is easy and one doesn’t have to struggle with this. The outer body of this wet grinder is made of high quality ABS plastic which is light in weight and extremely durable. It has a sleek design which makes it suitable for any type of kitchen. The best thing about this wet grinder is that it comes with a five years manufacturer’s warranty on the motor and the body.
- It comes with conical grinding stones.
- It has a sturdy and durable motor.
- It doesn’t produce heat while grinding the batter.
- It has a noiseless and vibration-free operation.
- It comes with a 2-liters drum.
- It is extremely easy to use.
- The drum has multi-utility function.
- Presence of additional accessories for dough kneading and coconut scraping.
- It has a sleek, shiny, and attractive design.
- It comes with five years of manufacturer’s warranty.
- It is a bit expensive.
- The customer service is poor.
5. Sowrna Lakshmi 2 Liter wet grinder:
This wet grinder is very popular for commercial use like in hotels, restaurant, and many others. It has a robust construction which is the main reason for choosing it by professional chefs. The 2L stainless steel drum is enough for making sufficient batter for small to medium sized families. The lid is made of high-quality plastic which is transparent and allows you to see the process of grinding the batter and helps in adding the ingredients. It has a quite operation and is hassle-free. It produces very minimal noise while grinding. It comes with an overload protector and other additional accessories like a coconut scrapper and dough kneader. It features a high performance induction motor.
- Presence of two stainless steel drums.
- The lid is made up of polycarbonate which is very durable.
- Presence of high performance induction motor.
- Presence of efficient and durable grinding stones.
- It features motor overload protector.
- It has a super clean finish.
- Presence of a spatula for cleaning and mixing.
- Presence of additional accessories like a coconut scrapper and atta kneader.
- It has a robust construction.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
Cons: No such.
6. Elgi Ultra Dura 1.25 litre wet grinder:
- Patented conical stones
- 304 food grade Stainless steel
- Batter cleaner
- Multi-utility drum
- 85 watts motor
Another product from Elgi! It is an exceptional and worthy choice. This wet grinder has a capacity of 1.25 liter. It can also be used for storing the batter. It is made up of high quality food grade stainless steel that is completely safe for storing food. The outer body of this wet grinder is made of high quality ABS plastic which has a long life and is easy to clean and maintain. It comes with specially built patented conical stones that generous minimal heat while grinding ingredients. This may ensures better fermenting. This wet grinder can also perform other tasks like scraping coconut and kneading the dough apart from grinding with the help of the additional attachments. This product has a power consumption of only 85W. The efficiency and capacity of handling different heavy task without getting heated up makes it a perfect choice for people who want to save electricity. It has a long life and is energy efficient. It comes with five years of manufacturer’s warranty.
- It has a vibration free grinding process.
- It is lightweight and durable.
- It is made of great food grade stainless steel materials.
- Presence of patented conical stones for better quality batter.
- It is energy efficient.
- Presence of coconut scrapper and dough kneader.
- It consumes only 85 volts of power.
- It comes with multi utility drum of 1.25 liters.
- It is very easy to use and operate.
- It comes with a five years manufacturing warranty.
- The parts are a bit delicate.
- The customer service is poor.
7. Premier 2 litre wet grinder:
Premier is known for quality, durability, and performance. It is one of the most trustworthy Indian brands. This steel table top wet grinder from Premier comes with many special features and attachments that can satisfy any user with basic grinding and blending requirements. The two liter drum is made of rust-proof stainless steel which is extremely efficient, durable, and long-lasting. The drum has a detachable option which makes it easy to store. This also allows it to be cleaned effortlessly. It offers three different settings. This means that you can operate this wet grinder in low and medium for perfect grinding and also in high mode but not for long. The motor is gear-based for a long lasting effect and trouble-free operation. It uses 110 Watts of power to evenly grind the ingredients kept inside the grinder. It weighs about 25Kg. So, it is a little bulky. This makes it difficult to carry to different places.
- It is very easy to handle.
- It is easy to clean.
- Presence of a gear-based powerful motor.
- It is very affordable.
- It uses 110 Watts of power supply.
- It is made of rustproof stainless steel.
- It is easy to use and maintain.
- It is a bit heavy.
- The storage capacity is not up to the mark.
Advantages of using a wet grinder:
Wet grinders are extremely advantageous. It is designed to save our time and make the grinding and pasting process easier, effortless, hassle-free, and safer. Some of the wet grinder models come with different types of attachments like a dough kneader and a coconut scraper which improves the overall performance, versatility, and helps to make the smoother and nutritious batter. There are many advantages of a wet grinder. Let us discuss some of them.
- It helps to save a lot of time. The initial preparation of making the batter for any dish has significantly decreased with the help of a wet grinder. Now, you can easily make a smooth and fine batter without any issues with the help of a wet grinder. It comes with a powerful motor that can grind any ingredient into a fine paste within minutes.
- It helps to save a lot of energy and effort. A manual process of pounding ingredients can be very strenuous, tiring, and difficult. Now, in a wet grinder, you just have to put the required ingredients, push the ‘on’ button, and chill. Within minutes you will have the desired batter ready for you!
- It helps to produce a fine paste of smooth and even consistency which is very difficult to achieve manually.
- It is extremely safe and more hygienic as compared to the manual grinders. Moreover, they are easy to clean and use.
Why choose a wet grinder instead of a mixer grinder?
People who love making different types of dishes where batter is needed like dosas, vadas, idlis, and many more know how much the quality of the batter can affect the taste and quality of the food produced. A normal mixer grinder produces heat while grinding and mixing the lentils into batter. This heat can damage the essential nutrients that are present in the lentils and slightly damaged the process of fermentation. A wet grinder has grinding stones like the traditional ones and doesn’t produce any type of heat while breaking lentils and other food ingredients. So, most of the nutrients of the food ingredients and lentils are retained. Thus, it helps to provide you with good quality, nutritious batters and food items of great quality. A wet grinder uses any type of fluid like water for cooling and lubrication.
Wet grinders are extremely good and help to reduce a lot of physical work and time while cooking. It is a great thing to be present in any Indian home, especially in those who love to eat certain foods which require a fine batter like dosas, chutneys, vadas, uttapam, and many more. A smooth and fine consistency of the batter makes the food fluffy and nutritious. It also helps to retain the nutritious value of each ingredient. It is not possible in normal mixer grinders where the heat produced during grinding destroys the nutritious value of the grains and lentils. A list of some of the best wet grinders in India is given above. The pros and cons of each product are discussed in detail so that you can understand which product suits your requirements, needs, and demands the best. Other information related to a wet grinder is also given. We hope that you find this information beneficial. Thank you for reading till the end! Have a nice day and choose wisely!
Our website contains a lot of other product listicles as well. In case you have a different budget or a preference altogether, you can check them out and we would love to receive your feedback on the same! Happy reading and happy purchasing!
More such article on Grinder: